Our office has reopened with limited in-person staff. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Most advising appointments are continuing via Zoom. Information about COVID-19 and returning to campus for Fall 2021 .

UCR Psychology building

Other Visa Types

Employment Visas

For information about UCR sponsorship for non-immigrant employment status, please contact Makbule Koksal by phone (951-827-4113) or email to initiate the process.

TN – Professionals under NAFTA (for Citizens of Canada and Mexico)

  • Individuals in the United States to perform professional services for a sponsoring employer in a specific position for a fixed period of time, pursuant to the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

E-3 – Treaty Special Worker

  •  Currently only for citizens of Australia.

O – Person of Extraordinary Ability

Individuals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics who are in the United States to work for a sponsoring employer or organization.


Short-Term Visas

B-1/B-2 – Visitor for Business and Visitor for Tourism

  • Individuals in the United States for a short time to engage in business activities such as negotiating contracts for overseas employees, consulting with business associates, attending professional conferences, or conducting independent research. May not engage in employment in the United States.
  • Individuals in the United States for travel, tourism, or recreation.


Let us help you with your search