Forms and Guides

International Center Banner Graphic

Forms for F-1 and J-1 Students

If you need to update your U.S. address, home country address or emergency contact information:

If you need to request a travel signature, complete this form and submit it with your most current original I-20 or DS-2019 to the International Students and Scholars office:

Here is a how-to video on how to request a travel signature!

You should request a new I-20 or DS-2019, if you:

  • Lost your original I-20 or DS-2019
  • Have changed your financial support, major or program level
  • Need to add dependent(s)
  • Need to apply for a change of status
  • Need a program extension

Replace/update your I-20/DS-2019:

Change your status:

If you need to change your visa status in the U.S., read these FAQs and make an appointment with an international student advisor.

Extend your program:

If your I-20 or DS-2019 will expire soon, and you need more time to complete your UCR program, please complete the Program Extension request online at MyForms if you hold and F visa, and complete the paper forms and return to our office if you are a J student. More information about that can be found here:

If you need to update your U.S. address, home country address or emergency contact information, use these forms.

Current students and students who are on OPT:

New students and dependents:


If you have graduated from UCR, and would like to be included in our Alumni Database:

Optional Practical Training (OPT):

F-1 students: You must complete an OPT workshop (in person or via iLearn) before you apply.

If you are on OPT and need to update your employer information:

Curricular Practical Training (CPT):

For F-1 students who want to do an internship while enrolled at UCR. You must attend a CPT workshop before you apply.

Academic Training (AT):

For J-1 students only:

Social Security:

If you have a job offer on campus, or you have work authorization for OPT, CPT or AT, and you need to apply for a social security number (SSN):

For departments who have hired a UCR F-1 or J-1 student, make sure you print the Social Security Letter template on departmental letterhead. Once the department has signed, the student must bring it to the ISS office for an international student advisor to sign.

If you need to transfer from UCR to school in the U.S., use these forms:


Status Letter Request

To request a student status letter, please fill out this form:


A Note on MyForms

The UCR MyForms system is designed to electronically route to different departments that need to review and issue approval for each form. For many of these forms, such as OPT or CPT, it must be routed through your academic advisor and/or Graduate Division (for graduate students) or others. Our processing time begins when the form reaches the ISRC and we are able to begin reviewing it. You can always check the status of your form and which office is currently processing it by logging into MyForms and viewing the diagram.

The blue shaded bar at the top is the title row.


The key at the bottom of the form shows what each of the icons indicates; including which office still needs to review and which is currently processing it.


If you find a form sitting with an office for a longer period than intended, you should follow-up with that office directly to check the status.

Jump to Top