Emergency/Crisis Help

International Center Banner Graphic

In an Emergency

We care about your health and safety. Use these resources when you, or someone you care about, needs help or is in a crisis. Make sure the ISS office has your most current emergency contact information on file. You can update your emergency contact information with this form.


Student Assistance in Times of Crises

Both the ISS office and UCR are here to support you in the event of emergencies whether at home or abroad. We encourage you to utilize UCR resources, including coming to speak with an International Student Advisor in our office, or with a Counselor at UCR’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS).  You can also call 951-UCR-TALK (827-8255) to speak with someone 24/7 if you need assistance or support.

  • If you are off-campus: Call 911.
  • If you are on-campus: Call UCR Police (951-827-5222) from your cell phone (this is the fastest way to get help). Only dial 911 if you're calling from a campus phone (this will connect you to UCR Police).
  • You can also use phones inside Emergency Call Boxes located throughout campus to call UCR Police.
  • Program the UCR Police number (951-827-5222) into your cell phone!
  • If you need to contact an International Student Advisor for an urgent health or safety matter and the office is closed, call UCR Police (951-827-5222) and identify yourself as an international student. Of course, you can call the ISRC directly regarding urgent matters (951-827-4113) during regular business hours.
  • If it is an emergency, call 911.
  • If it is not an emergency, and you just have questions or want to report a crime or threat, call the UCR Police non-emergency line at (951) 827-5222.
  • Report a hate crime (intolerance incident).
Call the ISRC for support (951-827-4113) and visit our our website for up-to-date information and resources.

Get Help for Yourself or a Friend

We Can Help

If you are struggling with culture shock and the stress of adjusting to life at UCR, or you know an international student that could benefit from some extra support, make an appointment with an International Student Advisor at the ISS office.

We’re here to support you and the entire international student community, and can make referrals to additional campus resources that are ready to help you.


24/7 Help

After-hours, mental health therapists are available for crisis counseling and consultation by phone. Call 951-827-5531 (951-UCR-TALK or 2-TALK from campus phones), to get connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

UCR Resources

The UCR Counseling Center, the Dean of Students, and The Well have additional resources for students struggling with drugs/alcohol, depression, suicide, sexual assault, domestic violence, and other concerns. Please do not suffer in silence. We are here to help you.

Please see our Success and Wellness page for more helpful resources. 

The UCR Just In Case resource is there to help you at the onset of certain issues or worries. You can visit the site online or download the app to your smart phone to have it handy... just in case.

ROAR gives a name to the many ways UCR Housing, Dining & Residential Services is actively providing for the safety and security of our communities and community members. The goals of ROAR are to increase awareness and empower individuals to take an active role in ensuring their own safety and that of others in their community.

See the full information on their site here.

Jump to Top